Saturday 28 August 2010

Hello Faithful Followers of The Press Coffee Shop!! You know who you are:)
The Press has been open for a couple of weeks again after taking a break over the summer to regroup and rethink things through and we're so glad to be back! The summer saw us make some artistic changes aesthetically to The Press which if I do say myself are pretty amazing!!! The place looks even more beautiful than it did before. Thanks Dave for making that happen!
We are slowly implementing some small changes as the weeks tick by but one of the things that hasn't changed is our music nights! We kicked off Sat. 14th of August with Paul Corrigan and Cedric Has a Name (Chris Steenson) and it was a brilliant evening of chilled out listening. We are also having live music tonight 28th August with Paul Haughey who is new to our list of musicians but is very welcome.
But what I'm really excited about is the upcoming month of September! We have some seriously sweet things coming up.
Saturday 4th Sept is our first ever Open Mike Night and we're hoping to get some new talent in that also includes poetry readings, short stories, stand-up comedy and whatever else people bring along with them. I hope this becomes a regular item on our calendar of events over the months. Then on the 11th Sept Doyle Mills and his acoustic band will be playing which should be a class night as well!
Now this next item is one to put in your diaries: Nathan Chud, my brother-in-law will be making a brief stop in Northern Ireland on his tour to promote his new album and he'll be playing in The Press on Saturday 18th Sept. I would love to see a HUGE turn out for Nate, I mean, he is coming all the way from America to play for us (and promote his new album I guess:) ). So if you are around at all and can make this night please do! Nate has been playing for years and has a huge heart for people, God and music plus he's a downright great entertainer! So come show your support people!
So to end this post, I would like to say thank you to my bosses Jason and Michelle Scott. You both believed in this vision and in me enough to let me run with this. Any success comes down to you releasing me, so thank you. I respect and admire you both so much!!!
Now see you all soon at The Press!!

No comments:

Post a Comment